It's difficult to put someone like Karly Nimmo into just one box. At her very core, Karly is a connector, communicator and creator. She also wears hats as a small business mentor, mastermind facilitator, voice over artist and agent, keen podcaster and writer, but above all, a devoted and loving mother. Oh and she's funny as all hell.
We chat about:
1. How she got started as a voice over artist
2. How she prepares for her Voice over work?
3. Who are her mentors and who she draws inspiration from?
4. How to create a portable sound booth
5. Advice would you give to someone who is looking into using their voice as a career.
Karly’s tips to becoming a Voice over Artist
1. Try getting experience on community Radio
2. Be proactive Source work
3. Access to a studio
4. Have equipment
5. Be available
6. Be committed and consistent
1. Blue Yeti
2. USB mic – that Plugs and Plays
3. Software – Garageband, Audacity is free thank can edit
4. Space – acoustic form room
Anything to soften the space even your wardrobe
5. Pop filter
6. Headphones – anything that’s closed, be aware of
7. Portabooth – IKEA boxes lined with mattress foam
You can connect with Karly at :
Websites and Rescources
Lewis Howes - The School of Greatness
Johnathon Fields – The good life project https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/good-life-project-inspiration/id647826736?mt=2
Kassandra Bibas - She runs the show
B-school -With Marie Forleo